What methods of transport does Volaris provide for my pet?
Volaris allows pets to fly as documented checked luggage as long as they meet all of the airline requirements.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
No, animals are not allowed to travel in the cabin.
Does VOLARIS limit the number of pets allowed in the cabin per flight?
Volaris does not allow any animals in the cabin during flight; all animals must travel as checked luggage.
Does my pet qualify to travel as checked baggage?
Volaris transports animals as checked luggage as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Only cats and dogs are allowed.
- All animals must be in good health and good hygiene.
- Volaris does not transport pets that are: violent, dead, ill, or pregnant.
- The maximum weight of the animal and its cage must not exceed 45 kg (100lbs).
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
No, Volaris does not provide a service to ship animals as cargo.
What are the kennel requirements?
- The maximum weight of the animal and its carrier must not exceed 45 kg (100 lbs).
- All carriers must be spill-proof.
- All carriers must have a thick solid cover which will be able to withstand normal transportation.
- All carriers must be large enough for the animal to stand up and turn around in.
- All carriers must have a lock mechanism so the animals cannot escape, proper ventilation, and handles.
What health documentation is required?
It is recommended that all animals flying with Volaris have the following certifications: vaccinations, worming, and health.