What methods of transport does Singapore Air provide for my pet?
- Checked as baggage in pressurized and temperature controlled area of your aircraft.
- Shipped as cargo in pressurized and temperature controlled area.
- Carriage of pets in the aircraft cabin is not permitted with the exception of Guide Dogs.
Does my pet qualify for travel with Singapore Airlines?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel with Singapore Airlines:
- Certain breeds of dogs and cats only.
- Dogs and cats must be over 6 months old.
- Snub-nosed dogs are not allowed.
- The following breeds and cross breeds of dogs are not allowed: all Terriers; all Boxers; all Pugs; all Bulldogs; all Spaniels; all Mastiffs; Brussels Griffin; Chow Chow; Japanese Chin; Lhasa Apso; Pekinese; Pit Bull; Shar Pei; Shih Tzu; Tosa; Akita; Dogo Argentino; Fila Brazillero & their crosses.
- With the exception of live tropical fish, insects and reptiles, carriage of animals is not allowed on all A380 flights.
- Carriage of live animals is also not allowed on A345-500 ultra long haul flights
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel for the entire flight.
- The kennel meets all requirements (see below for more information).
- Your pet has all necessary health documents (see below for more information).
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
If you would prefer your pet travel unaccompanied, contact Singapore Airlines for more information.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
Pets and their containers will be treated as excess baggage and charged accordingly. Contact Singapore Airlines for excess baggage charges.
What are the kennel requirements?
Below are some of Singapore Airlines' kennel requirements:
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
- Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
- Contain absorbent material or litter.
What health documentation is required?
Many Countries require health documents. As it is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations, you should consult your veterinarian and the local Embassy to ensure that your animal will comply with all requirements.
Are there any other restrictions?
Singapore Air can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.