What is Unaccompanied Minor Service?
A young child traveling without a parent or legal guardian is considered to be an Unaccompanied Minor. LATAM Airlines provides a service to assist an Unaccompanied Minor from their point of departure to their final destination.
What age does my child have to be to qualify as an Unaccompanied Minor?
Children may travel alone on LATAM Airlines flights when they are over 5 years old. Children up to 11 years old require LATAM Airline's Unaccompanied Minor service. Children between 12 and 17 years old may travel on their own, however, you may request to use LATAM Airline's Unaccompanied Minor service.
LATAM Airline's Unaccompanied Minor service provides care via LATAM Airlines staff for a child throughout the entire journey, including stopovers, and will take them to the person responsible for them at the end of the journey.
What are the terms of LATAM Airline's Unaccompanied Minor service?
- The child must be able to feed themselves and undertake basic hygiene needs
- The child must be able to move themselves in case of an evacuation and be able to respond to safety instructions
- The service is not available for children who require a medical certificate to fly
- A notarized permission statement from both parents to travel unaccompanied must be present
- The service is available only on direct flights or connecting flights operated by LATAM Airlines
- If a connection is involved, then it is important that there is not a change of airport while making the connecting flight and the connecting waiting time is no longer than 4 hours
What are LATAM Airlines' fees per child associated with this service?
- Routes within Argentina: R$ 53/US$ 15 per flight
- Routes within Brazil: R$ 100/US $28
- Routes within Chile: R$ 53/US$15 per flight
- Routes within Colombia: 50,000 Colombian Pesos/US$ 50
- Routes within Ecuador: R$ 53/US$ 15 per flight
- Routes within Peru: R$ 88/US$ 25
- International Routes: R$ 351/US$ 100
How do I book this service?
- It is very important to purchase the ticket only when the service has been confirmed
- You must apply for the service up to 48 hours before the desired flight departure through the LATAM Airlines Contact Center or at any of LATAM Airline's sales offices
- The appropriate LATAM Airlines Contact Center and/or sales office may be found on the LATAM.com associated with your location