What methods of transport does Helvetic Airways provide for my pet?
- Travel in the passenger cabin
- Shipped as air freight in pressurized and temperature controlled area
Does my pet qualify for travel in the Helvetic Airways passenger cabin?
Pets that meet the following qualifications may travel in the passenger cabin:
- Your pet and carrier are not heavier than 7 kilograms/15 pounds
- Your pet may comfortably remain in its carrier and under the seat for the entire flight
- Only domesticated dogs, cats, birds, rabbits and fish are allowed
- Dogs and cats are at least 8 weeks old and have been weaned for at least 5 days before departure
- The carrier is specifically made for animal carriage
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination (see below for more information)
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as air freight on Helvetic Airways?
If your pet does not meet the requirements for travel in the cabin or you would like your pet to travel unaccompanied, contact Helvetic Airways for more information.
What are the fees associated with pet transport on Helvetic Airways?
- Fee for animal in the passenger cabin: CHF 80, one way
- Fee for animal as air freight: CHF 15 per kilogram, one way
What are the kennel requirements for transporting a pet on Helvetic Airways?
- Size: no larger than 56 x 32 x 27 centimeters
- Properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around
- Made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite if transporting as air freight
- Contain absorbent material or litter
- Have functional handles on the kennel's exterior to prevent tilting and any direct contact with the animals
- Close securely, but not locked
- Have labels if shipped as air freight with the words "Live Animal" in letters at least 1-inch tall on the crate's top and on at least one side
- Have upright arrow labels if shipped as air freight indicating kennel's correct position
What health documentation is required for transporting a pet on Helvetic Airways?
Helvetic Airways requires s health certificate, administered by a veterinarian, that is no more than 30 days old. Some countries require additional health documents. As it is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations, you should consult your veterinarian and the Department of Agriculture to ensure that your animal will comply with all requirements.
Are there any other restrictions for transporting a pet on Helvetic Airways?
Helvetic Airways may refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.
Please contact a representative at Helvetic Airways regarding short nosed dogs and cats. Most are prohibited for their own safety from traveling via air transport.
Service animals traveling on Helvetic Airways.
Please contact a representative at Helvetic Airways directly for detailed information about traveling with a service animal.