What methods of transport does Caribbean Airlines provide for my pet?
- Checked as baggage in pressurized and temperature controlled area of your aircraft.
- Shipped as cargo in pressurized and temperature controlled area.
Does my pet qualify for travel as checked baggage?
Dogs and cats may be accepted at the appropriate Pet in Hold. Pet weight limit is 32 kg (70 lb) inclusive of kennel; Linear dimensions of kennel may be up to 292 cm (115 in) with length not exceeding 191 cm (75 in); If the weight or size is in excess of this limit, you will have to use our Cargo service. NB: Pets do not count as part of the baggage allowance.
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
If your pet does not meet the requirements for travel in the cabin or as checked baggage, or you would like your pet to travel unaccompanied, contact Caribbean Airlines for more information.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
- Travel to/from Trinidad and Tobago (domestic): TTD 3.00/kg
- Travel to/from all other routes: USD 100/CAD 120
What are the kennel requirements?
For requirements, click here.
Reservations and documentation requirements:
- Live animals are accepted subject to advance arrangements and space booked and confirmed from origin to final destination
- Ensure all applicable documentation such as licenses and permits have been obtained and other health requirements such as vaccinations have been met
- The shipper must comply with all quarantine rules and specific requirements established by the health authorities of each country of origin, transit and destination
- Clear and concise instructions must be supplied by the shipper for watering, feeding and handling
- Please check IATA Live Animals Regulations regarding container types and sizes to be used
Service dogs are accepted free of charge in the Caribbean Airlines’ aircraft cabin when accompanying a passenger with disabilities. Certified, professionally-trained service dogs are the only service animals accepted in the Caribbean Airlines aircraft cabin.