Infant/Child Car Seats
This facility is available to parents or guardians who have purchased a seat for the infant. The infant must be between 6 months and 2 years old and must not weigh more than 18kg or 39.7lbs. The car seat cannot be used in bulkhead seats, or seats that would block anyone’s access to the aisle of the aircraft, the emergency exit row, or the row in front of or behind an emergency exit row. The car seat must also conform with approved FAA/CAA requirements.
FAA/CAA standards include:
- Car seats approved by FAA and certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft under the standard FMUSS No. 213.
- Type 2040-1 Care Chair
- Label that indicate U.S. or Foreign Government approval or show the seat was manufactured under the standards of the United Nations are also valid.
The seat must:
- Be designed to be secured firmly by means of a single lap strap to face in a forward position
- Have a well-defined shell. Where there is a separate shell and under-structure these must be securely attached to each other
- Be of such a design that a child can easily and quickly be secured in or removed from the seat
- Have a single release-type harness that at least secures a child's lap, torso and shoulders. Harness straps must be a minimum of 1 inch or 22mm wide
- Lift-type adjusters on the harness straps must be of the type that require positive angular lift to release. The single-release device for the harness of the safety seat must be of such a design as to prevent unreasonably easy release by the child occupying the safety seat
- A physically-able parent or guardian must be seated in the seat adjacent to the car seat. Only one car-type safety seat is permitted in the same row.
Bassinets Sky Cots
At this time, detachable bassinets or cardboard type infant cots are not available on any Caribbean Airlines aircraft. When travelling with an infant, the only other approved means for travelling is the use of an infant loop belt, or forward facing FAA/CAA-approved car seat.