What methods of transport does Thomas Cook Airlines provide for my pet?
- Travel in the passenger cabin (except for UK)
- Shipped in the pressure and temperature controlled aircraft hold
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can usually travel in the passenger cabin:
- Dogs and cats less than 6 kg can be carried in the cabin for a charge of €15 per dossier.
- The dog or cat is at least 8 weeks old.
- The dog or cat is in a closed hygienic watertight bag or basket.
- All precautions have been taken so that the dog or cat concerned cannot affect the comfort of the other passengers in any way.
- If applicable, the dog or cat is not pregnant.
Does my pet qualify to be shipped in the hold?
If your pet does not meet the requirements for travel in the cabin, it may be transported in the aircraft hold if the following conditions are met:
- The domestic animal is locked in a cage made of metal or plastic.
- The cage concerned is sufficiently large so that the enclosed animal can move inside it without any hindrance.
- The passenger concerned checks in with the caged animal at least 2 hours before the departure of his flight.
The caged domestic animal shall be weighed at check-in together with the registered baggage of the passenger. If both together exceed the maximum allowed weight of registered baggage, a supplement must be paid in accordance with excess baggage fees. Be are that size and weight requirements may vary by route.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
- Fee for animal in the passenger cabin: €15 per dossier
What health documentation is required?
You must be in possession of the necessary documents for the transport of domestic animals (both for transport in the cabin and in the hold of the aircraft). For flights within the European Union you must have a passport for the intra-community transport of dogs, cats and ferrets, which can be obtained from a vet.
Are there any other restrictions?
Transport of animals is not allowed on all flights. The transport of domestic animals has to be expressly accepted by TCRB N.V. beforehand. The request to this end has to be made in good time to TCRB N.V. online via the Contact Center, and at the latest 72 hours before the departure of your flight. Documentation must be filed through a pet handling agent roughly a week ahead of time. For more information or agent reccomendations, call 0845 88 07 727.
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.