Carry-On Allowance: 1 piece
The sum of the dimensions (length + width + height) of the carry-on baggage cannot exceed 115 cm (45 in) and can weigh up to 10 kg (22 lbs).
Any baggage exceeding that weight is charged as excess baggage.
In addition to one piece of carry-on luggage, passengers are allowed one of the following personal items:
- Books and magazines for on-board reading
- Coat, raincoat, shawl or jacket for personal use
- Umbrella or cane
- Bag or backpack with personal items
- Foldable wheelchair (checked) or a pair of crutches should the passenger require this item
- Stroller or infant seat (checked) if an infant of up to 2 years of age is accompanying a paying customer. Booster seats or chairs are part of the child/adult's checked baggage allownace and are not free. In other words, if the item weighs 7 kg (15 lbs) it will be deducted from the total baggage allowance.
Important! Please keep in mind that baggage containing valuable items, such as jewelry and money, cannot be checked and will only be accepted as carry-on baggage.
On domestic flights and most international flights, the total weight of checked baggage must not exceed 23 kg (50 lbs). The sum of an item's dimensions (length + width + height) must not exceed 157 cm (61.8 in). Fees might be charged depending on the fare that was selected to purchase travel.
- Fees per bag for travel within Brazil if paid through GOL digital chanels are R$30 bag for the first, R$50 for the second, and R$60 for the third.
- Fees per bag for travel within Brazil if paid at the airport check-in counter are R$60 for the first, R$100 for the second, and R$120 for the third.
- Fees per bag for travel outside of Brazil if paid through GOL digital channels are US$10 for the first, US$30 for the second, and US$45 for the third.
- Fees per bag for travel outside of Brazil if paid at the airport check-in counter are US$20 for the first, US$60 for the second, and US$90 for the third.
- If traveling on a GOL flight and transferring to a partner airline flight, then the rules of the partner airline will apply.
Baggage with linear measurements that exceed 158 cm (62 in) or weigh more than 32 kg (70 lbs) per item will not be accepted, not even as excess baggage.
In the case that there is excess baggage, accommodation is subject to space availability.
Musical and Sports Equipment
Small musical instruments can be taken on board as carry-on baggage. Large musical instruments must be transported on an extra seat purchased separately.
Sports equipment can travel as checked baggage in the aircraft baggage equipment.
Some medical equipment, such as nebulizers, oxygen concentrators and inhalers are accepted as carry-on baggage, but may not be used during the flight. However, indispensable medical equipment like pacemakers and infusion pumps may be used aboard aircraft.