What methods of transport does Azul (AD) provide for my pet?
Your dog or cat may travel in the passenger cabin.
May I take my pet on an international Azul (AD) flight?
Azul does not transport animals on international flights.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
Pets that meet the following qualifications may travel in the passenger cabin:
- Only domesticated dogs and cats are allowed.
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel, under the seat for the entire flight.
- The kennel is specifically made for animal carriage and does not exceed 43cm x 31.5cm x 22cm / 17in x 12.5in x 8.5in(length x width x height) in its dimensions or weigh more than 9kg/11 lb (including animal).
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination (see below for more information).
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
- The fee is R$200/US$100 per pet each way
What health documentation is required?
- All pets must have a valid animal health certificate issued by a veterinarian that is valid for 10 days from the date of issue
- You must have a document with proof that a rabies vaccination has been administered more than 30 days but less than one year on date of travel
- An Animal Entry Permit on the Island certificate for all flights to Fernando de Noronha. The permit is issued by the Department of Environment and Fernando de Noronha Tourism. The contact telephone number is +55 81 3619 0810
- For travel originating in Carajas, in addition to the documentation mentioned, an authorization for the animal entering the airport area is required. It is a forest reserve. The authorization may be obtained from the Chico Mendes Institute of Biodiversity Conservation (ICMBio). The contact telephone number is +55 94 3364 1106.
Are there any other restrictions?
Azul may refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, or poor kenneling.
Please contact the Azul directly for information about traveling with a service animal.
How do I make a reservation for my pet?
Only a certain number of pets are allowed on each flight, so make sure to book your pet early by calling +55 11 4003 1141.