What is Air Mauritius’s Infant policy?
Infants may travel without a medical clearance after the first week.
For your infant's comfort, there are cots available on international flights. Due to the limited number of cots available onboard, please ensure you request one while booking your flight. Your request will only be confirmed at check-in.
Please note that our baby cots can accommodate infants up to 12 months old, and/or weighing up to 11 kg, and up to 74 cm tall, depending on whichever condition is more restrictive.
What types of child restraint devices are allowed?
You may use a Child Restraint Device which includes car seats or upper torso harnesses for your infant/ child on flights operated by Air Mauritius. Please inform the airline at the time of booking or contact Air Mauritius for more information.
Note: Not available in Business cabin and on Reunion and Rodrigues flights. For codeshare flights operated by partner airlines, acceptance will be in accordance with the partner airlines’ rules. For medical or reduced mobility cases requiring special seats, please contact the reservations agents.
Conditions are as followed:
- Please inform Air Mauritius of your intention to use a CRD on board the flight at the time of booking.
- You will be required to reserve a seat if you wish to use a car seat for an infant of up to 24 months.
- The CRD should be marked/ labeled that is certified for use on an aircraft by a National Aviation Authority and/or meet any of the following standards:
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) ETSO-C100b
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) TSO-C100, TSO-C100a, TSO-C100b, or TSO-C100c
- European Safety Standard requirements of ECE Regulation 44
- United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard FMVSS 213
- Australia/New Zealand Standard (AS/NZS) 1754
- If the CRD does not meet the above requirements, it may be refused in cabin and may be checked as luggage
- Air Mauritius accepts car seats of a maximum external seat width of 17 inches/43 cm on our Europe flights. For other routes, the external seat width of the car seat should not exceed 16 inches/40.6 cm.
- The Child Harness may be used for children of 1 year and older weighing 22 to 44 pounds and up to 40 inch tall.
- Car seats are not permitted on our Reunion and Rodrigues flights or in Business Class.
- You should ensure that your infant’s/child’s weight and height are in conformity with the manufacturer’s specifications and you should install the car seat as per manufacturer’s instructions. The condition of the CRD and its installation will be under your responsibility.
- For safety reasons, you will be allocated a suitable window seat for your infant’s/child’s CRD.
- Two infants may travel with an adult provided one of the two infants is over 12 months and is able to sit in a car seat approved for use on our aircraft. In such case, please inform Air Mauritius while booking your flight or contact us for more information.
- You will be required to sign a form of indemnity at Check-in.
What infant amenities are available on the aircraft I'll be flying (i.e., Bassinets)?
Infant amenities vary by aircraft. When you're on the airplane page, look for the Infant Amenity Icon. If it is present, clicking on it will tell you what infant services are available on that airplane. If you do not see it, infant amenities are not offered on that aircraft. You may always contact Air Mauritius for more information.
May I sit in the Exit Row with my infant?
Regulations state that no lap children or infant seats are allowed in an Exit Row and that all passengers in an Exit Row must be at least 15 years of age. In addition, infant seats are not allowed in the row directly in front of or directly behind an exit.