What methods of transport does Air Belgium (KF) provide for my pet?
Pets can travel in the passenger cabin or in cargo.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
The cage must meet the IATA (International Air Transport Association) requirements:
- The cage must be big enough for your animal to fully stand up, lie down and turn around
- It must be made out of hard plastic, wood or fibreglass, and may not be foldable
- It must be leak proof
- No wheels are permitted under the cage
- The cage must be closed in a proper and safe way, making it escape-proof
- Cage must have breathing holes and ventilation on all 4 sides
- An empty water and food tray must be provided
- The inside of the cage must be smooth with no sharp edges or protruding nails, to prevent injury to your animal
- Never place your animal’s leash or harness inside the cage. It can be fixed to the top of the cage or taken on board the aircraft in your hand baggage
- Your pet must be fit-to-fly and transported in a regulation cage.
If there is any doubt about animal fitness or the cage they are in, Air Belgium may refuse to transport your pet.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
Please contact Air Belgium (KF).
Are there any other restrictions?
For safety reasons Air Belgium does not transport following dog species:
- American Bulldog
- American Pit Bull
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Bull Terrier
- Caucasian Ovcharka
- Dogo Argentino/a
- Fila Brasiliera
- Japanese Tosa
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.
How do I make a reservation for my pet?
Please contact Air Belgium (KF) and fill out this form.