Does Aer Lingus have Online Check-in?
Yes, Aer Lingus' web check-in allows you to check in up to 30 hours before your flight departs (24 hours in advance for flights to/from the USA). Web check-in is available for:
- All flights between Ireland and the United Kingdom
- All flights from Ireland to continental Europe
- All flights to and from Ireland and the USA (flights operated by Aer Lingus' codeshare or interline partners are not eligible)
- All flights from Alicante, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Bilbao, Bologna, Bordeaux, Brussels, Bucharest, Budapest, Catania/Sicily, Copenhagen, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Dusseldorf, Faro Algarve, Frankfurt, Fuerteventura, Geneva, Gran Canaria, Hamburg, Helsinki, Ibiza, Izmir, Lanzarote, Lisbon, Lyon, Madrid, Malaga, Marseille, Milan/Linate, Munich, Nice, Palma Majorca, Paris, Perpignan, Prague, Rome, Salzburg, Stockholm, Stuttgart, Tenerife, Toulouse, Venice, Verona, Vienna, Warsaw, and Zurich
What are the requirements for using Online Check-in?
- Check-in online 30 hours in advance (24 hours in advance to/from USA) and up to 2 hours before scheduled departure time
- Online check-in for travel from continental Europe is available up to 4 hours and 30 minutes before scheduled departure time
- Baggage acceptance at airports in Europe is only available from 2 hours 30 minutes prior to departure
- After you check-in online you can proceed directly to the Bag Tag and Drop desk where your checked luggage can be processed. Please note that Bag Tag and Drop off desks are not available at all airports.
- Seats are automatically assigned for all passengers. To change your seats, click the "Change Seats" button on the "Seating" page.
- Passengers traveling from the USA with web boarding passes must present themselves at the dedicated Web check-in counter at the airport at least 45 minutes prior to their scheduled departure time.
Make sure you leave enough time at the airport to get through security, check your bags, etc.
Can I use Online Check-in if I have bags to check?
Yes, you must go to a Bag Tag and Drop desk at an Aer Lingus counter at the airport before the cut-off time.
Can I change/select my seat with Online Check-in?
Seats are automatically assigned for all passengers. To change your seats, click the "Change Seats" button on the "Seating" page.
If I plan to check in at the airport, how much time should I allot?
- If you are traveling on a long-haul route (departing or arriving outside Europe), Aer Lingus recommends you check in at least three hours and 30 minutes before your flight's departure time.
- If you are traveling on a short-haul route (UK & Europe routes), Aer Lingus recommends you check in at least two hours and 30 minutes before your flight's departure time.
- If your flight departs Dublin Airport between 0600-0800 in the morning, you can check-in at the airport between 1600-2000 the evening before. Each passenger needs to present themselves with passports/IDs to check-in and drop off bags but if you are traveling with immediate family, one member of the family can check-in and drop off bags for the group. Aer Lingus recommends you to still come to the airport 90 minutes before your flight is due to depart to get through security and get to the gate.
Does Aer Lingus have Mobile Check-in?
Yes. You can check-in and retrieve your boarding pass via your smartphone with the free Aer Lingus mobile app, available for both iOS and Android users.
If you have any difficulty accessing the link to your mobile boarding pass you can go to online check-in and reprint your boarding pass from there.
If you are already at the airport and you cannot access your boarding pass link, you will need to go to a check-in desk and obtain a paper boarding pass.
Which airports accept the Mobile Boarding Pass?
Aberdeen, Alicante, Barcelona, Belfast, Budapest, Birmingham, Bristol, Brussels, Cardiff, Copenhagen, Cork, Dublin, Dubrovnik, Dusseldork, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Geneva, Glasgow, Hamburg, Helsinki, Isle of Man, Jersey, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Lyon, Madrid, Malaga, Manchester, Milan, Malpensa, Munich, Nice, Paris, Prague, Rome, Shannon, Stockholm, Stuttgart, Vienna and Zurich