What methods of transport does ANA provide for my pet?
- Checked as baggage in pressurized and temperature controlled area of your aircraft.
Does my pet qualify for travel as checked baggage?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel as checked baggage:
- Only domesticated animals allowed.
- The kennel meets all requirements (see below for more information).
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination (see below for more information).
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
- Excess baggage fees will apply. Check with ANA representatives prior to your flight.
What are the kennel requirements?
ANA requires that kennels meet the following requirements:
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
- Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
- Contain absorbent material or litter.
- Have functional handles on the kennel's exterior to prevent tilting and any direct contact with the animals.
- Be closed securely, but not locked.
- Have upright arrow labels indicating kennel's correct position.
What health documentation is required?
Many Countries require health documents. As it is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations, you should consult your veterinarian and the local embassy to ensure that your animal will comply with all requirements.
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.