Please note: Sun Country's baggage policies have changed. Your baggage allowance will depend on when you are traveling. For more information, please click here.
What is Sun Country Airlines' (SY) baggage policy?
The Sun Country Airlines (SY) baggage policy for regular basic fares include the following:
- 1 personal item - Free
- 1 carry-on item - Free
- Checked baggage / Hold luggage - Applicable fees per bag increase with number checked beyond 2 bags
- Overweight and Oversize bags - Applicable fees per bag depending on weight and size categories
- Sports equipment - Certain items might have applicable fees
What is Sun Country Airlines' (SY) carry-on baggage policy?
Sun Country Airlines (SY) allows 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop bag) per passenger fee free.
All carry-on bags must:
- Not exceed 24 inches long x 16 inches wide x 11 inches tall (including wheels, handles, etc.)
- Not exceed 35 pounds in weight
- Fit within the sizer box at the gate
Personal item should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions:
Personal items (e.g., purse, laptop, etc.) must:
- Not exceed 17 inches long x 13 inches wide x 9 inches tall
- Be able to be stowed under the seat in front of the passenger
- A jacket, umbrella, diaper bag, duty free items, and assistive devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, strollers, child restraint seats, etc.) do not count towards your carry-on allowance.
NOTE: Bulkhead seats do not have under seat storage, therefore, all carry-on baggage must be stowed in the overhead bin during take-off and landing.
What is Sun Country Airlines' (SY) checked baggage / hold luggage policy?
- 2 bags standard
- Maximum dimensions: 62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height)
- Maximum weight: 50 pounds or 23 kilograms
Are there fees for baggage on Sun Country Airlines (SY)?
Yes, fees might apply. They are determined by the type of fare you purchased, your destination, if you are an active US military personnel and/or dependent, if you purchased a vacation package through Sun Country Vacations, or if you have a Sun Country Airlines (SY) sponsored credit/charge card.
Sun Country Airlines' (SY) standard checked baggage / hold luggage fees follow:
What is Sun Country Airlines' (SY) fee for excess baggage?
Sun Country Airlines (SY) will charge $60.00 USD for the third bag and any additional bag.
What is Sun Country Airlines' (SY) fee for overweight baggage?
Sun Country Airlines (SY) will charge the following for bags that are greater than the standard 50 pounds or 23 kilograms:
- 51 to 99 pounds or 24 to 46 kilograms: $75.00 USD extra per bag
- Bags exceeding 100 pounds or 46 kilograms will not be accepted as checked baggage / hold luggage.
- Bags exceeding 70 pounds or 34 kilograms will not be accepted for flights to/from St. Maarten.
What is Sun Country Airlines' (SY) fee for oversize baggage?
|Fee Each Way|
|Travel Period||up to
|on or after 4/29/19|
Are there fees for sports equipment on Sun Country Airlines (SY)?
Sports equipment such as skis, golf bags, fishing equipment, hockey, and lacrosse equipment will be accepted up to Sun Country Airlines' (SY) size and weight limits and will count as one checked bag/hold bag. Associated fees might be applied.
Personal portable electronic devices containing batteries can be transported in checked or carry-on baggage.