Does Emirates have online check-in?
Yes, Emirates' provides online check-in service for most locations in the network.
You may have the option of printing an e-Boarding pass, depending on departure city. Otherwise you will pick up your boarding pass at the airport from a self-service kiosk.
To check in for your Emirates flight, go to www.emirates.com, click on the "Plan & Book" tab, and then select "Check In Online."
What are the requirements for using online check-in?
- Check in 1.5-24 hours before your scheduled departure time.
- You must be departing from an airport that allows online check-in. See here, for more information.
- You can print an e-Boarding Pass when using Online Check-in and departing from one of the airports outlined here
- You are not a special needs passenger (ie. Unaccompanied Minor).
Make sure you leave enough time at the airport to get through security, check your bags, etc.
How about Mobile Check-in?
You may visit Emirates.com from your mobile phone in order to check-in, choose seats and more.
Can I use online check-in if I have bags to check?
Yes, but you will have to drop your bags at an Emirates Online Desk at the airport before the cut-off time.
Can I change/select my seat with online check-in?
Yes, when you use online check-in you can:
- Change/Select your seat.
When should I arrive at the airport?
- If you are checking baggage, Emirates recommends you arrive at the airport 90 minutes before your flight's departure time.
- If you are not checking baggage, Emirates recommends you arrive at the airport 60 minutes before your flight's departure time.
- If not using online check-in, Emirates recommends that Economy Class passengers arrive at the 3 hours before your flight's departure time.
- If not using online check-in, Emirates recommends that First and Business Class passengers arrive at the 1 hour before your flight's departure time.
When do I need to be at the boarding gate?
Passengers must be in the boarding area 35 minutes before the scheduled departure time and gates will close 15 minutes prior to departure.