What is Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Air Malta's Unaccompanied Minor Service provides assistance to help check-in and board the minor onto the aircraft. Once onboard the aircraft, the minor is taken care by air Malta crew members to ensure the child has the most enjoyable flight possible. Once at the final destination, the minor is accompanied through immigration processes and baggage claim until they are safely delivered to the designated person picking them up.
What are the rules and restrictions for Unaccompanied Minor Service?
- This service is required for all children travelling alone between the ages of 7 and 14 years who undertake to travel on an Air Malta flight unaccompanied by a guardian, i.e. an adult aged 16 and over.
- The appropriate Unaccompanied Minors form, can be downloaded in PDF format here
- The Unaccompanied Minor form must be completed by an adult guardian and presented to the booking agent or call center. Air Malta will require personal details concerning both the adult handing over the minor at the departure as well as that of the guardian meeting the child on arrival at destination.
- The accompanying adult at the departure airport must remain at the airport until the flight actually departs. In the event of a long delay, the UM will be returned to his/her care until such time that the flight is ready to leave again.
What are the fees associated with this service?
- 70 Euro/$90 USD per flight segment
How do I book this Service?
For more information and to book this service please contact Air Malta's International call center at +356 2299 9296